Our primary intention is to provide a safe and healthy working environment for our guests and employees. We have been guided by protocols imposed by legislation, industry protocols and additional measures to protect all. The nature of this virus does, however, makes it impossible to guarantee zero transmission and zero infection.
Our preventative measures and protocols are guided by the following legislation, regulations, and guided documents. This list is not exhaustive and will be updated as new information becomes available:
- Government Gazette Vol. 658 on 29 April 2020 and Disaster Management Act 2002.
- Regulations Issued in Terms of Section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act 2002.
- Gazette 11135 for personal and health care services issued 19 June 2020.
- Basic Conditions of Employment.
- SAAHP SOP and general business post Covid-19 guidelines and standard operating procedures.
Masks – Cloth and disposable
All guests and employees are required to wear masks when interacting with others. During specified treatments guests will be required to wear masks. Therapists will comply with the specific protocols and guidelines set out by Government Gazette 11135 of 19 June 2020 and SAAHSP (South African Skincare and Health Professionals) in respect of treatments. These protocols require that specific disposable masks, gloves and shields will be worn whilst administering a treatment.
All guests will be required to complete and sign our Covid-19 questionnaire and waiver before arrival. Upon arrival, we will test our guest’s temperature as well as every day during their stay. All the necessary and appropriate actions will be taken to ensure the safety and wellbeing of both guests and staff.
The Hydro has detailed protocols on sanitizing before and after use of eating areas, surfaces and treatment areas.
We encourage all employees and guests to practice physical distancing of 2 metres. Exceptions to this rule would be for guests sharing accommodation, guests travelling together, or where a physical barrier is present, and a face shield is worn by an employee. In public areas, seating will be rearranged to ensure adequate spacing between people.
We have implemented the following measures:
Guests will be screened at reception before removing luggage from their vehicles.
- Porters will sanitize hands and luggage.
- No shuttle service to Stellenbosch will operate to minimise interaction with others during the guest’s stay.
- All activities must be booked in advance to ensure that the ratios of people allowed in an area are met and that social distancing can be enforced. These activities include aquacise, walks, yoga, Pilates, viewing of documentaries/lectures.
- The gym will remain closed until regulations change.
- Hydrotherapy treatments will take place, one guest at a time, with staggered use of the area to allow for sanitizing in-between treatments.
- All rooms will be fully serviced and sanitized at the beginning and at the end of a stay. Servicing in-between will be done upon request with the need to sanitize the room because of staff entry.
Treatments and activities
All treatments reflected on the website except for Shiatsu will continue to be offered. All our normal activities will resume while observing social distancing and safety measures. Activities will be staggered to achieve this.
We will observe all the protocols strictly, wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment,
Our dining room and eating areas are big enough to ensure that guests will be accommodated with the social distance of two metres. Meals will be plated, and guests will be allowed to take their meals in their rooms.